Update COVID-19 - Corona virus
We understand that you have questions about the consequences of RIVM's measures for the Markthal. The government and the Municipality of Rotterdam have decided that catering establishments in Rotterdam must close until April 28. The doors of the Markthal are currently open, but the catering stalls and restaurants are closed. Some offer take away service. Products purchased may not be consumed on site in the Markthal. The supermarkets and a large number of fresh and retail suppliers have been opened. Please check our Facebook for update on openings.The opening hours of shops may differ from normal opening hours.
Markthal takes the advice of the Cabinet and RIVM seriously. We have therefore been taking visible and invisible measures in the shopping center for some time.
Some of these measures are:
• All events have been canceled.
• At the entrances there are instructions with regard to preventive measures with regard to hand and airway hygiene.
• The cleaning company of the shopping center gives extra attention to cleaning contact points, such as door knobs, stair handles, lift knobs etc.
In addition to the measures that have been taken in the shopping center, we hereby give you some recommendations to prevent the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible.
The main measures people can take to prevent the spread of the coronavirus are simple. These basic hygiene measures apply to all viruses that can cause flu and colds:
• Wash your hands regularly with soap;
• Coughs and sneezes on the inside of your elbow;
• Use paper handkerchiefs;
• Stop shaking hands.
• Keep 1.5 meters away.
We will regularly evaluate the situation and guidelines of RIVM and always act in accordance with their expert advice. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for the most current information.